Monday 10 December 2012

Tweet Tweet!



Don't get it!

I have never used twitter and I find it really hard to talk about something I don't use. However, I will not start using it for the sake of this course because I am worried I might get hooked! I love social networking but I feel I have just about enough time to keep up with my share of load. So no twitter, thanks:) I must confess I do feel a certain pressure to use twitter!

So how does one talk about twitter without ever haven't twitted before or followed a twitter?

More importantly what is the real reason I do not like twitter?
  
Well twitter really mostly feels like another platform for the annoying celebrities to talk about their life and their not so interesting points of view! Before you judge me,have a look at the top 10 people followed on Twitter as of today (10/12/2012)

1- Lady Gaga

2- Justin Bieber

3- Katy Perry

4- Rihanna

5- Barack Obama

6- Britney Spears

7- Taylor Swift

8- Youtube twitter

9- Shakira

10- Kim Kardashian

Admittedly, Barack Obama is there but some would say he is a celebrity too so the list still supports my argument. Annoying celebrities and their uninteresting lives! Tweet tweet tweet...

For the sake of the argument here is my list for 'When Twitter is put to good Use' . By the way if you had not noticed by now, I love lists!

1- It is a quick way to get info on news as Twitter often reveals things before blogs!
2- It gives everyday people a voice in times of disasters, such as Haitian Earthquake or Japaneese earthquake.
3- Twitter can serve as a platform for freedom of speech in some countries. For instance, the use of Twitter by the Iranian activists.
4- There is no doubt t is good for business and marketing. Companies can do their research and keep their customers up to date and improve their products in response to Twitter World!
 


10,000 Followers for $24.99



LET'S FINISH WITH A FEW FUNNY TWEETS! ENJOY.....

@Angrea
I'm suspicious of people who don't like dogs...But I totally trust a dog when it doesn't like a person.

@kristaflentje
Picking up this tiny piece of paper would take 1 second but instead I'm going to run over it 100 times with the vacuum at different angles.




REFERENCES


Cross M, 2011, Bloggerati, Twitterati: How Blogs and Twitter are Transforming Popular Culture, Praeger, California.


McIntyre, D 2009, 10 Ways Twitter Will Change American Business, Time.com, viewed December 4 2012, <http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1901188_1901207_1901196,00.html>.

1 comment:

  1. Like you I haven't ventured into Twitter and am not planning on doing it either! What strikes me as absolutely absurd is the notion of buying twitter followers. Even from a business perspective I am thinking that I would rather prefer people following me that have a remote interest in what I'm saying/selling. It seems to me that the measurement for success is becoming the number of people you can attract on social media...

    ReplyDelete